Join us Sunday mornings at 9:30 AM as we study God’s word together.
Our current sermon series (starting 2 September 2018) is titled “Unveiling Jesus” and is a study of the “I Am” sayings of Jesus as recorded by Gospel writer John:
- “I am the bread of life” (John 6:35, 48, 51)
- “I am the light of the world” (John 8:12; 9:5)
- “Before Abraham was, I am” (John 8:58)
- “I am the door of the sheep” (John 10:7, 9)
- “I am the good shepherd” (John 10:11, 14)
- “I am the resurrection and the life” (John 11:25)
- “I am the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6)
- “I am the true vine” (John 15:1)
The apostle John distinctively presents Jesus as the Logos, the eternal Word of God (John 1:1). Through him the cosmos was created, and through him the Father is most perfectly revealed.
In this sermon series, Pastor Karabo examines the unique “I am” sayings of Jesus recorded in John’s Gospel, all of which are powerful expressions of his saving relationship to the world. He uses God’s word to bring us to a deeper understanding of the God-man as both protector and nurturer of his people.
These sermons go beyond a study of ancient words to a consideration of how these claims can transform our lives today. What does it mean for Jesus to say he is the Bread of Life? That he is the Light? What do these dramatic claims tell us about the power and character of Jesus? And how might that impact our lives each day? The series seeks to answer those questions.